(click header to see winners)
The IAHS Tison Award, established in 1982, aims to promote excellence in research by young hydrologists. The Award will be granted for an outstanding paper published by IAHS in a period of two years previous to the deadline for nominations. The following criteria are valid:
- Candidates for the Award must be under 41 years of age at the time their paper was accepted for publication.
- The Award will consist of a citation in the name of L.J. Tison, an amount of US $1,000 and a free subscription to HSJ for one year. If the successful paper is jointly authored by eligible (age) authors, the monetary award will be divided equally between authors.
- The Award will be announced annually and will be presented in a public ceremony, normally during either an IUGG/IAHS General Assembly or an IAHS Scientific Assembly.
- Nominations for the Tison Award may be submitted by the National Committees of IAHS, officers of the IAHS Bureau, officers of the Commissions, HSJ editorial board members, convenors of IAHS symposia or editors of proceedings. Nominations may not be submitted directly by an author or co-author, but may be submitted through one of the aforementioned individuals. The nominations should be sent directly to the Secretary General of IAHS and should contain a reasoned argumentation and noted validation of the candidate’s age;
- The Award Committee may not recommend an Award in any one year if none of the papers submitted is of sufficiently high standard.
- Nominations for the Award should be received by the Secretary General no later than 31 December of the previous year.